Saturday, June 20, 2009

6 days down and plenty of drama

So we had a plan and like all the best ones, it got turfed on day one. But in retrospect, it was good to slow down and take things easy due to the knee problem.

I knew that these first days were hard but forgot how physical they actually were. Everything hurts as though one has done major gymwork on every part of the body.

We've been blessed with fantastic weather which has helped and knowing the route has mean't very little time wasted. We got in before dark on every day except the first where we did that bit extra.

I really thought my race was in jeopardy with the knee so there was an emotional toll as well.

Thanks to the Myth's "don't mess around" advice, Pierre and Rudi, the race is back on track.

Aileen managed to courier down spare tires and brake stuff for Doug, so we hope that is the end of that drama too.

There is so much to tell but it will all have to wait till after the race. I hope I remember it all.

But tomorrow, a posse of 6 riders head out on the next adventure.



Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done Fi. I was getting rather worried about the knee so it is nice to hear that you are feeling better. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete