Sunday, July 5, 2009

Finally

We're here. Its been a long three weeks and today was one of the longest.

It took in the Stettyns Kloof portage which took us about 9 hours. Hugely tough and physical but more on that another day.

For now I just want to sleep and not have to pack my backpack. I want to wake up when I wake up and I want to just look at my sturdy bike but not ride it.

Thank you every one who has shown constant support over this long period.

Doug was amazing as a ride buddy and he has been delivered safely to his wife Aileen.

Jean my sister was here to welcome me home as was David Waddilove, race director.

I am the proud wearer of a blanket - the prize we all get for finishing and its draped over my bed.

I will update all of you on my thoughts as I process this adventure.

But now, to sleep the sleep of the satiated.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

3 comments:

  1. You are a champ and such an inspiration!
    Enjoy your rest and recovery!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we are proud of you! Well done and hope you enjoy some well deserved rest.

    Ben and Byron

    ReplyDelete